Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Special Sauce

Note: In Florida a lot of our friends are closer to Jon's age than mine.  I fear I occasionally teeter on the see-saw of "Did you know Horne's wife is thirty-one?!!"



We have potential friends, Lyle and Jessica down the street.  We like them.  They are going to have a baby soon.  Also I like Lyle because he saved me, in what could have been an embarrassing, age-induced-guffaw during our first double date.  They took us to their favorite local sushi spot a few weeks back and Lyle explained all the wonderful things about Sumo Sushi.  This included the Sumo Sushi Special Sauce.  Upon Lyle's introduction of the special sauce, I immediately quipped something extremely witty I'm sure about "Did G Love know it was on loan to Sumo Sushi?" or something.  And gah!  The immediate silence that followed my quip!  I felt heat rising in my cheeks and I said, "Please tell me one of you gets this reference."

Hooray for Lyle! (he had older siblings, thank God) who replied, "Oh I got ya, 'My baby got sauce, Your baby ain't sweet like mine' I know G.Love and the Special Sauce."  I nearly flew across the table and hugged him.  "Thank you, Lyle."  Relieved and relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment