Sunday, May 20, 2012

Elizabeth Berkley vs. Barney the Dinosaur

Jeopardy with Alexi and Matt.  Yipes.

A while back a few of Jon's classmates, Alexi and Matt came over for dinner.  Naturally we watched Jeopardy while Jon finished making dinner.  He's a champ in the kitchen.  I have to say that I felt like a ringer this time and managed to get more Jeopardy answers correct than I usually do.  Meanwhile my guests (i.e. opponents) found themselves without answers.

The defining moment of the evening came via back-to-back questions from the 90's Entertainment category.

First Question

Alex Trebek:  "This actress starred in the controversial film titled, Showgirls"
Erin (yelling!):  "Who is Elizabeth Berkley?!?!!"
Alexi and Matt: [silent]

Elizabeth Berkley old skool
Elizabeth Berkley 'the new class'



















Second Question

Alex Trebek:  "This popular dinosaur's trademark colors included purple and green."
Erin:  [silent]  Thinking, "I know this!  I know it!  Somewhere in my brain the answer is clear, it is on the tip of my tongue!!!"
Alexi and Matt (who were virtually silent for the entire game):  [simultaneously]  "WHO IS BARNEY!!?!"




And then I had a generational moment.




No comments:

Post a Comment